Sep 1, 2012

Bringing home Sunny

Today I woke up and was filled with a sense of excitement. Today is the day we adopt our very first cat together.
We made our way down to the Toronto Humane Society at 11 River street, and went to the second floor to meet the cats. It is a really nice service they offer,these animals; don't get me wrong, but my heart just broke for all these wonderful creatures who need loving, permanent homes. I was an emotional wreck the entire time we were there, every "mew" that was cried, I cried right along with them.
We met so many wonderful cats, then I saw him; a beautiful 3.3 year old boy, with long beautiful ginger fur, captivating eyes and an awesome and sweet disposition. His name: Sunny. The same Sunny that I was admiring a few weeks back when we made the decision to adopt. It was love at first sight.
We filled out our application, met with Heidi (who's in charge of the cat adoptions) and the rest is history!
As I write this Sunny is lounging in the office and I couldn't be happier, if you are thinking about getting a pet of any variety I urge you to look into the humane society or other shelter or adoption programs. There's so many sweet creatures who just need someone to love them.
xxstaycheeky


No comments:

Post a Comment