Feb 6, 2013

Sweet potato scramble bundles

I am a huge lover of Pinterest.com and whilst pinning the other day I stumbled across a recipe that I thought looked delicious but, that needed some nutrition. The recipe was for breakfast bird's nests, made from store bought hashbrown's and had a whole egg in each cup, I decided to healthify the recipe.

I shredded a medium sweet potato, added 1/2 a roughly chopped onion as well as 1 small carrot, shredded. I sprinkled 1-2 tbsp of gluten free all purpose flour and added 1 egg, whisked. I mixed it all together in a medium bowl until it was all coated in a floury, eggy mixture. I then plopped this into a well greased muffin tin, creating little cups with the mixture. Before popping it in the oven, I drizzled vegetable oil over them and lightly sprinkled some sea salt on top thenI put it all in the oven at 425 for about 12-17 minutes. 

While my bundles got nice and toasty I made the scramble for the inside of the cups. I cracked 4 eggs in a small bowl added some daiya and shredded ham, some pepper, salt and a little cayenne pepper.

My bundles were toasty after about 15 minutes, I lowered the oven temperature to 350, and poured the scramble into the bundles about 3/4 of the muffin cup full. I then popped them back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, until the egg whites were solid. Take them out of the oven and let them stand for about 5-10 minutes. Serve with ketchup, tomato sauce, gravy etc. They are super delicious!

I love quick and easy breakfasts

1 comment: