Aug 9, 2012

The big bad breakfast monster!

I've been working quite a lot of shipment shifts lately (which begin at 5:30 a.m) and that early in the morning, I know I don't function too well (can't speak for you guys, of course). Morning after Morning, I find myself eating things like poptarts, or bacon--now these are fine in moderation and at a normal time, but You're forgetting that I also snack on my break; and that snack usually isn't the healthiest. This way of eating, puts me at over 500 calories before 9:30 a.m. I've been noticing a few pounds lost since I moved, but it all comes back with these early morning breakfasts.

I've begun eating a banana in the car, and trying to down a 500 ml water bottle each morning, before my shift starts. The little potassium hit does wonders for me, it keeps me alert, awake, and most important for a shipment shift; quick on my feet. The water helps me quite a bit as well with my overall health, I have low blood-pressure already, so I sometimes suffer from mini episodes of kind of a tachycardia-esque situation. My heart beats, so incredibly rapidly, for no reason at all, I have a minor vision loss, and it's usually accompanied by nausea. They usually only last for about 5 minutes--but happens quite a bit more frequently when I get dehydrated.

I'm not saying you can't eat sinfully delicious little things like muffins, cookies and waffles for breakfast; just before 9:30 in the morning, being over 500 calories for me--is a bit ridiculous. I had to pull myself out of that comfort food thing we as humans do when we don't feel too good, don't get me wrong, I cheat occasionally. If there are fresh baked cookies or muffins, I'll grab one once in a blue moon. But not everyday.

xxstay cheeky

No comments:

Post a Comment