Feb 1, 2012

January Favorites; Loves&a Loathe!

I can't believe January is over already! Time went by so quickly, Oh Gosh! I feel older:( Anywho, my Favorites for this month are not as extensive as last! but...Here goes!

Numero Uno; is the L'Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate Free Colour Care UV Protecting Spray. I bought this for $4.00 CAD at saleevent.ca which is a canadian discount pharmacy warehouse, with locations across. It is worth every penny; It's worth a ba-jillion pennies! You spray it on wet or damp hair, and then comb it throughout, it distributes and disperses evenly in your hair, and helps protect it against harmful UV rays, and breakage! Colour treated hair needs extra care so this one is the one for Coloured hair, but all you natural haired beauties do not fret! They make one for you too; with the same pretty scent of Rosemary Mint. I love the formula--it's so lightweight, it doesn't feel sticky, or like there is even any product in it, and having fine hair, I feel I can speak for everyone when I say that a product free feeling is an excellent one!

Dos; Hard Candy-Ginormous Lash with Lash growth serum. This is very quickly becoming one of my favorite Mascara's! It is a wet enough formula that it just glides on, the perfect amount of wax, and my favorite part...LASH GROWTH SERUM! It claims to promote eyelash growth, while being a super volumizing wonder! Hard Candy has this to say about their little miracle product: "Now you can have the thickest, fullest, and longest lashes with Ginormous Volumizing Mascara plus Growth Serum. Ginormous Volumizing Mascara has been infused with Growth Serum to promote long-term lash growth, strength and vitality. Apply and watch as Ginormous plus Growth Serum stimulates your lashes to appear longer, fuller, and stronger with regular use. " Mine is Carbon Black, I don't believe they have other colours in this formula yet. And did I mention that this may just replace Revlon's Grow Luscious by fabulash as my top growth formula? It is definitely worth picking up at only $5.98 CAD at Wal-Mart, it's a steal!

Tres; Bath&Body Works new scent from the signature collection-Pink Chiffon! this scent in a spritzy spray form, will be available February 6th! RUN, don't walk; RUN to the stores to get it. It smells like delicious candy, like a Raspberry Gummy Candy or a Snow Cone. It is so delicious but not too sweet in a oh-my-gosh-my-stomach-hurts-so-much-why-did-I-eat-all-that-candy way. They have this to say about the newest fragrance: "Pink Chiffon, an ultra-feminine blend of Sparkling Red Pear, Vanilla Orchid and Whipped Chiffon Musk inspired by the effortless grace and beauty of a master ballerina.
  • Top: Mandarin, Sparkling Red Pear, Peach Nectar, Wild Berries
  • Mid: Tiare Flower, Jasmine Petals, Water Lily, Apple Blossom
  • Dry: Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, Creamy Sandalwood, Heliotrope, Chiffon Musk."
This scent is just plain gorgeous! go grab some, before it's all gone!

I Forgot how to say four in Spanish; MAYBELLINE Color Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy. A beautiful matte creamy/velvety eyeshadow that 1) dupes MAC paint pots 2) applies like a dream 3) has 24 hour wear and it hardly creases! 4) is so bright and vivid-you'll have to pinch yourself! 5) Is super buildable, and it applies like cream, and dries like a Luxurious MAC shadow! What else can I say about this amazing product? MAYBELLINE says: "Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested.  Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers." They don't really have all that much to say about this ingenious little product that's been blowing up the beauty blog-o-sphere-when they should! or...maybe they're hoping word-of-mouth will hype the product for them--that must be it! It's a steal, I purchased this at the sale price of $5.96 CAD from Wal-Mart, which is an amazing deal! Even at it's normal sale price of I think $11.96 CAD it's so super-duper worth it!

My LOATHE product this month was from NYX. Now let me preface this by saying that I love almost every NYX product I have and my collection is pretty extensive (it includes: eyeshadows, brow products, lip products, cheek products, face products, cleansers, etc.). This Product is the liquid eyeliner in Electric Blue, NYX says: "Liquid liner that offers bold and precise lining for subtle or dramatic effects in a variety of fun shades." NO NYX, IT DOESN'T! It's formula is super pigmented, but far, far too watery. The lining is pointless, you have to go over it atleast 4 times but you have to wait for the previous layer to dry completely before you do, or else you risk messing up the whole thing!-and you can feel the product tightly on the eyes for the entire time that you're wearing it, THE. ENTIRE. TIME! it is also really really flakey, it doesn't rub or fade like most liquid liners, it painfully flakes, and near the eyes, you don't want painful or tight. I payed $7 CAD for this product (I've gotten better quality at the dollar mart!), and I hoped I would maybe getting something of quality, but I guess with some products you win and with some products, Unfortunately for me; you lose. the only semi-good thing about this product is the brush, I like the fine brush on this product, kind of that's it!

That's it for my January Favorites! Loves and a Loathe! I hope this helps you when purchasing any of these products

xxstay lovely
                        

1 comment:

  1. I have not tried any of these products yet!

    I found your blog on the beauty blog hop and am now following, check out my blog & follow me too!


    Kim

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete