Jun 14, 2012

PERL strips update

I told you guys, I'd review the PERL nail strips I got for free from doing a survey for the company before they launched their line of nail strips. I chose the "zebra tud"ones, they are metallic-sparkle silver and black with a zebra design.

They come in this little box that explains what they are, what's in them and that they are a No drying, no smudging, trendy and original way to manicure. They come with 20 strips, an instruction pamphlet and an emery board and orange stick.

The instructions seem simple enough, clean and prep nails: make sure they're clean and dry, shape them to what you desire, and gently buff the surface of the nail and rub hands together to aid in adhesion. Next, choose the strip that best fits your nail, peel off the clear backing from the silver side, apply and rub in smooth, circular motions (the top plastic piece will gently lift off from the friction of the application process). Once adhered, fold the remainder of the strip down over your finger tip, and file GENTLY in a downward motion until strip peels away with ease. Clean up all your loose edges, and you are finished! (the company claims they'll last up to two weeks!)

I followed the directions, and cleaned up my Nails, pushed back my cuticles, and rubbed my hands together to warm them up. I chose the strips I believed would fit my nails properly and applied them, folded over the extra and filed carefully downwards. I ended up with 5 covered nails, that all were from the first time I attempted these. I painted my other "naked" nails with silver, black and violet; and turned out with a neat looking manicure that lasted a few days.

I say a few days, because it literally was a few days. The strips began to lift with general wear and tear that a retail career comes with, I am also a nervous nail-scraping-against-teeth type of gal, and I have to say these PERL strips, were a disappointment to me. I'm skeptical now of other nail strips type things, and honestly don't know if it'll just end up being a rather large disappointment. These strips come in about 17 different patterns and retail for approximately $9.00 including an almost $6.00 shipping and handling fee.

In my honest and humble opinion, these strips just aren't worth the money as they lift way too easy, and a top coat was not recommended, when I tried to put my seche vite top coat over top of a strip, it began to corrode.

You can find These strips HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment